The Association for Construction Health and Safety Management (ACHASM) is a registered non-profit company and a recognized SACPCMP Voluntary Association (VA), established to provide all those working in the Construction Health and Safety (CHS) field with an advisory and representative body.
ACHASM is committed to promoting the professional interest of CHS Practitioners within the Built Environment, in terms of the Construction Regulations (2014).
Our Main Objectives are:
- Maintain a close working relationship with the SACPCMP in an effort to promote the professional interest of Construction Health & Safety Practitioners within the Built Environment, in terms of the Construction Regulations (2014);
- Promote and assist registration with the SACPCMP amongst its members, recommend to the construction industry community to promote registration of its employees;
- Formulate requirements for training, knowledge, experience and continuous professional development (CPD) for members of the Association;
- Encourage members to continually develop their skills through participation and attendance at CPD courses and seminars;
- Encourage research and education into matters affecting health and safety in the construction industry, publish guidance notes and case studies on this;
- Act for members in discussions with the Department of Labour and Government on all matters pertaining to the duties and responsibilities of SACPCMP registered CHS Practitioners, and their respective Candidate routes
- Promote the services and skills of the registered members to clients and the public and to continue to improve the health and safety record of the construction industry;
- Disseminate construction health & safety related information to the Association's members; field queries relating the construction health & safety and assist with incident investigations
- Promote ethical practises and hold members to account where such standards are not being met.